If I’m short on time, grilled salmon makes a great weeknight dinner. I love the buttery flavor paired with citrus, and I often round out the meal with a simple salad and roasted potatoes. Yum. I’m currently participating in the Daniel Fast, and this lemon and honey grilled salmon has never looked so good. Insert crying emojis here.
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 1.5-2 pounds)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Place fillet – skin side down – on a sheet of foil. Liberally season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then brush with extra virgin olive oil. Top with lemon slices.
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice, and thyme and drizzle mixture over salmon fillet.
- Wrap up salmon in foil packet, sealing well so no moisture escapes.
- Place packet on a preheated grill over medium high heat until cooked through. For a 1-inch thick fillet, cook for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!