Cooked up some yummy sides for Turkey Day, and this is one I’ll make again and again. The bright flavors of citrus and herbs round out these super savory garlic roasted green beans. Serve alongside your roasted turkey dinner!
- 1.5 pounds haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Cotija cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the ends of the haricots verts and toss with olive oil, garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring once halfway through, until lightly caramelized, crisp and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with onion, lime zest and juice.
- Toss with cilantro and cheese (if using) just before serving.
Photos by Stancy Higley of Half Orange Photography.